Charlize Theron gives a tour-de-force performance as America’s first female serial killer Aileen Wuornos in Monster (2003), from director Patty Jenkins (Wonder Woman), that earned her accolades galore, including the prestigious best actress Oscar® in 2004. Now almost 20 years on from its original, lauded theatrical release, the film has got the Limited Edition treatment from Second Sight Films.
Based on true events, this darkly chilling, gripping drama will be released on Blu-ray in a stunning Limited Edition Box set, presented in a rigid slipcase, with new artwork by Daniel Benneworth-Gray. It comes with a soft-cover book, featuring brand new essays and a host of special features; from brand new interviews to archive commentaries that take you behind the scenes and into the mind of a real-life Monster.
Aileen Wuornos (Charlize Theron – Mad Max Fury Road, Bomb Shell) has had it tough, but when the down-onher-luck sex worker moves to Florida she unexpectedly finds love and is determined to get her life back on track. Befriending Selby Wall (Christina Ricci – Buffalo ’66, Yellow Jackets), a sweet but reserved young woman, a romance soon blossoms. But things take a dark turn when a john tries to assault Aileen. She fights back and kills him and decides it’s time to give up the game.
But Aileen quickly discovers going straight isn’t that easy and is sucked back into a world of violent crime that escalates from petty theft to serial murder. As more and more men turn up dead, Selby starts to suspect the woman closest to her is responsible.
• Archive audio commentary with writer/director Patty Jenkins, actor/producer Charlize Theron and
producer Clark Peterson
• Making a Murderer: a new interview with director Patty Jenkins
• Producing a Monster: a new interview with producer Brad Wyman
• Light From Within: a new interview with DoP Steven Bernstein
• Monster: The Vision and Journey
• Based on a True Story: The Making of Monster
• Deleted and extended scenes with director commentary
• Monster: Evolution of the Score
• Original trailer
• English subtitles for the hearing impaired
Limited Edition Contents:
• Rigid slipcase with new artwork by Daniel Benneworth-Gray
• Soft cover book with new essays by Anton Bitel, Hannah Strong & Shelagh Rowan-Legg
• Six collectors’ art cards